Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sarah Laber

To kick off this blog, I thought I would start with an easy profile: my own.

After graduating HHS, I attended UC's DAAP program for Graphic Design. This was a 5 year program intermingling quarters of classes with quarters of working in the design industry. While you have the opportunity to travel and work anywhere, I chose to stay right here in Cincinnati partially for financial reasons, partially because I was still dating Pete Stieby but mostly because I knew I would never leave this area and wanted to make all the local working connections I could in an effort to ensure employment upon graduation.

Mission successful.

Pete and I married in 1997.

I graduated UC in June of 1999 and began working for a design agency where I had co-oped. A few weeks into my first full-time job, I discovered a belated graduation present:

our son, Alex, who is living proof that "What happens in Vegas, doesn't always stay in Vegas."

A few years later we were blessed with a daughter, Anna and moved back to Fort Thomas to raise our kids as the Cake Eaters they were destine to be.

I continue to work in the marketing/branding industry but have changed courses slightly. I now manage the projects, clients and budgets vs. doing the design.

As a hobby beyond raising kids, I have a blog. It is my attempt to share my humor with the world. I also enjoy cooking, friends, family and food which pretty much sums up the topics on my blog. I still love soccer and have found an outlet in coaching my kids (though they don't seem to have much interest in the sport and I know my time is limited).

Recently, Pete and I added one more to our family. I am sure you can tell from the picture, Ella was a pleasant surprise (or at least pleasant after the initial shock wore off).

Now I have Pete, re-Pete and mini-Pete. The Laber genes seem to be rather weak. Of course I love each and every one of them. As hectic and crazy as life can be, I wouldn't have it any other way.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sarah, good idea. Keep up the good work!

    What grades are the kids in?

    Jason Carter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jason,
    So great to hear from you. Alex is in 6th, Anna is in 4th. Perhaps we'll see you at Pendry this season.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete